(ALL USERS MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE FOLLOWING USER AGREEMENT IN ORDER TO COMPLY
WITH THE REQUIREMENT OF INFORMATION SECURITY AWARENESS TRAINING BEFORE PROCEEDING
- All authorized personnel who have access to criminal justice information (CJI) or
manage CJI systems are required to receive biennial security awareness training.
- The initial training shall be required prior to accessing any CJI on this site.
- Documentation of security awareness training must be maintained by the agency sponsoring
- For further information refer to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Criminal
Justice Information System (CJIS) Security Policy Section 5.2: Policy Area 2: Security
- The FBI CJIS Security Policy provides the minimum level of security requirements
determined acceptable for the transmission, processing, dissemination and storage
of Criminal Justice Information (CJI).
- CJI is the abstract term used to refer to all of the FBI CJIS provided data necessary
for law enforcement agencies to perform their mission and enforce the laws, including,
but not limited to: biometric, identity, biographic, property, and case/incident
- The intent of the CJIS Security Policy is to ensure the protection of the above
CJI until such time as the information is either released to the public, for example,
crime report data, or is purged or destroyed in accordance with applicable statutes.
- CJI must be properly handled throughout its life cycle whether at rest or in transit.
CJI may only be disseminated to authorized recipients. CJI must be marked or identified
as such and viewed only by those persons authorized to do so.
- CJI must be shielded from the intentional or unintentional view of non-authorized
- Improper access, dissemination, handling, or use of CJI is serious and may result
in administrative sanctions including, but not limited to, termination of services,
civil penalties, and state or federal criminal penalties.
- Access to and use of Criminal History Record Information (CHRI), commonly known
as “Rap Sheets” is for authorized purposes only, including investigation, arrest,
or criminal justice employment. It is not to be used for licensing purposes.
- Dissemination is authorized if the other agency or party is an authorized recipient.
- All CHRI must be afforded maximum security. It is intended for use by authorized
criminal justice agencies for criminal justice purposes.
- New Jersey Computerized Criminal History (NJCCH) can only be accessed for a criminal
justice purpose: Investigation, arrest, criminal justice employment. It is not to
be used for firearms permit investigations.
- Interstate Identification Index (III) can only be accessed for a criminal justice
purpose: investigation, arrest, criminal justice employment, and firearms permit
- Utilizing publicly accessible computers to access, process, store or transmit CJI
is prohibited. Publicly accessible computers include but are not limited to: hotel
business center computers, convention center computers, public library computers,
public kiosk computers, etc.
- For further information refer to the FBI CJIS Security Policy Section 5.5: Policy
Area 5: Access Control.
- According to the Office of New Jersey Info Security, no personal devices are permitted
to attach to any New Jersey network. This does not include access to this site for
the purpose of the authorized down loading of discovery materials.
- Users must be aware of the potential risk of opening E-mail attachments from unknown
sources, (virus, malicious code, computer security incident).
- Users must be aware of the potential risk of social engineering: The act of manipulating
people to perform actions or divulging confidential information. Prior to releasing
any CJI, the identity of the requestor and their right to receive the information
must be verified.
I agree to abide by the above User Agreement when accessing and handing CJI through